e - ticket
General OASA instructions on e-tickets
Information on the purchase, use and charging of the new electronic ticket and travel card, can be found on the website of the OASA Group: www.athenacard.gr
The use of track-based modes of transport is permitted only to holders of validated tickets
- Embarking on track-based modes of transport and remaining in the premises areas after the validating machines installed inside, past the station entrances, is allowed only to holders of validated tickets (valid ticket, valid card, and valid proof of entitlement to free or reduced fare).
- Tickets can be obtained from the staffed Ticket and Card Offices of Urban Rail Transport SA and the automatic card loading machines installed in the stations. Every machine has relevant instructions posted. It is underlined that card/tickets and be reloaded at the above points and other selected OASA ticket sales network points. You can find out more athttps://www.oasa.gr/en/Please make sure that you get the right type of fare and your potential entitlement to reduced fares.
- Inspections are continuously carried out by authorised officers, to make sure that passengers have valid tickets. In the event that a passenger does not have a valid ticket, the fine is many times the value of the ticket.
Useful information on tickets (e-tickets/cards)
- We recommend that you keep your card or ticket in a cover or wallet to prevent wear and tear.
- Please make sure that your card or ticket contain the minimum required fare or amount for your transport.
- Tickets and cards are validated at the station gates always at the right-hand side reader.
- Please do not scan more than one card or ticket at a time.
- Please do not remove the card from the validating machine before the scanning process is complete.
- The personalised card may only be used by the beneficiary.
- Only one person at a time can enter the station gates.If you accompany children under 6 years of age or carry luggage, please use the gates for disabled persons.
- Please validate your ticket once when entering the vehicle (buses, tramways, trolleys).
- Please validate your ticket twice, when entering and when exiting the metro and the urban rail.
- Throughout the validity of the e-ticket, please validate each time you board a vehicle (bus, tramway, trolley) and each time you go through the metro and urban rail gates (entering and exiting).
- The e-ticket is properly validated when placed on the special reader at the station gates and the validating machines in buses, trolleys and tramway. If the card or the ticket is rejected by a validating machine, please wait until the light stops blinking and try again. When you validate your ticket, the machine/gate monitor displays the time remaining until the expiry of the e-ticket.
In buses, trolleys and tramways, validating machines are blue and have a monitor and an optical reader whose location is marked by 4 curved lines. Similarly, in the metro and the urban rail, the validating machines are located in the station entrance-exit gates and the validation of the ticket by the optical reader transmits an order for the gate to open.